Pennsylvania’s safety-net hospitals need help with the challenges posed by the COVID-19 public health emergency, SNAP wrote yesterday in a letter to Pennsylvania senators Pat Toomey and Bob Casey.
In its letter, SNAP asked the senators to advocate:
- An additional $100 billion for hospitals.
- Forgiveness for money provided to hospitals through the federal CARES Act’s Accelerated and Advance Payment Program.
- An increase in the federal Medicaid matching rate (FMAP).
- An increase in states’ Medicaid disproportionate share (Medicaid DSH) allotments and a delay in the scheduled implementation of Medicaid DSH allotment cuts to the states.
- Action to prevent implementation of the Medicaid fiscal accountability regulation.
- A moratorium on changes in hospital eligibility for the 340B prescription drug discount program, Medicare indirect medical education program, Medicare disproportionate share (Medicare DSH) program, and other programs.
See SNAP’s letter here.