The following is the latest information from the Pennsylvania state government as of 3:30 p.m. on Monday, July 27.
Department of Health
The Department of Health updated the Frequently Asked Questions for COVID-19 and Treatment Drugs issued on May 11, 2020. Changes are shown in red.
The department shared contact information for the Regional Response Health Collaboration Program call centers. Long-term-care facilities may reach out for direct support and assistance 24/7 from the program that covers the county in which the facility is located.
Department of State
The Department of State has extended the registration deadlines for charitable organizations whose deadlines fall between July 15 and September 20 by three months, with new renewals required to be postmarked by the 15th day of the 14th month following the close of the organization’s fiscal year. Many health care entities have charitable organizations registered with the state. Go here to read the department’s notice and see the new registration deadlines.
Department of Health – by the numbers
- The number of new COVID-19 cases reported today and over the weekend remains high.
- Together, Allegheny and Philadelphia have been accounting for approximately 30 percent of new cases.
- The number of new deaths reported remains very low.
- As does the number of patients hospitalized for COVID-19, which declined over the weekend and is at its lowest level in a week.
- The number of COVID-19 patients requiring mechanical assistance to breathe is not rising.
- Nearly 8000 health care workers in the state have tested positive for COVID-19.
- 39 percent of the beds in Pennsylvania’s acute-care hospitals are currently unoccupied, as are 41 percent of adult ICU beds, 29 percent of pediatric ICU beds, 59 percent of pediatric beds, and 69 percent of airborne isolation rooms.
Resources to Consult
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
Pennsylvania Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(To receive this daily update directly, sign up for our mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org.)