The Pennsylvania Health Law Project has published its May 2018 newsletter.
Included in this month’s edition are stories about:
- The continued implementation of Community HealthChoices, the state’s new program of managed long-term services and supports for dually eligible Medicaid and Medicare beneficiaries.
- The introduction of a new tool for determining whether Medicaid beneficiaries shall be deemed eligible for Medicaid long-term-care services.
- State legislation that, if adopted, would establish presumptive eligibility for older adults applying for in-home care.
- A new framework for participants in state Medicaid managed care programs to appeal denials of services.
- New processes to streamline the determination of eligibility for Medicaid of individuals recently released from prison.
- Pending legislation that would permit selected mental health facilities to deem eligible for Medicaid benefits some patients in need of immediate behavioral health services.
Go here to see articles about these subjects and more.