The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) has released a timetable for its planned transition from the Corbett administration’s Healthy Pennsylvania Medicaid expansion to its expansion of the state’s previous Medicaid program.
According to a DHS news release,
- This phase will begin in April 2015 and be completed by June 1, 2015.
- Individuals who were enrolled in the General Assistance and Select Plan program in December 2014 will begin to be transferred from the private coverage option (PCO) to the new streamlined Adult benefit package.
- New applicants will no longer be enrolled in the PCO and will be enrolled in the new Adult benefit package with coverage provided by the HealthChoices managed care organizations.
- This phase will begin in July 2015 and be completed by September 30, 2015.
- All remaining PCO enrollees will transition from PCO plans into the HealthChoices by September 1, 2015.
For a closer look at the plan for Medicaid expansion, see this DHS news release.