The Pennsylvania Health Law Project has published the June 2018 edition of its monthly newsletter.
Included in this edition are articles about:
- Changes in Pennsylvania Medicaid’s medical transportation program governing non-emergency transportation.
- The renewal of the state’s hospital tax and an increase in that tax.
- Challenges surrounding the implementation of Community HealthChoices, the state’s new program of managed long-term services and supports, in southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Information about the launch of Community HealthChoices in southeastern Pennsylvania.
- A provision in a recent bill modifying the state’s human services code that calls for the Department of Human Services to develop a new, outcomes-based program for hospitals and Medicaid managed care plans that will be oriented toward preventing potentially avoidable medical events.
Find these stories and others here, in the latest edition of the Pennsylvania Health Law Project’s newsletter.